At a glance
Location and facilitiesGeneralThe traditional Grand Hotel is a top hotel in an incomparable location on a peninsula, direclty on the Zeller Lake. The hotel facility consists of 2 buildings (connected by an underground corridor). The pedestrian zone in the historic city centre starts right in front of the house.
LocationLocated directly in the centre. Public indoor swimming pool: Zell am See 700 m Grocery store: 500 m Shopping possibilities: 100 m Railway station: 700 m Airport: Salzburg 80 km Glacier: Kitzsteinhorn 12 km Altitude resort: 757 m Ski area / cable car: City Express 500 m Cross-country ski track: 700 m Ski bus (the next stop): 50 m Ski-in-ski-out possible: no Hotel shuttle bus free of charge: yes, 2 x daily.
FacilitiesReception with lounge and lobby area, day room, reading corner, Kaiser Stüberl and Zirben Stüberl, internet corner inclusive, Wi-Fi in the lobby inclusive, ski storage room, 4 elevators, parking inclusive, park garage - Euro 7,-/day, restaurant on the lake, elegant house bar, imperial bar, terrace, non-smoking rooms, wine cellar, conference room.
RoomsBath or shower/toilet, hairdryer, bath robe inclusive, some with sitting area, mini-bar, radio, telephone, sat-TV, safe, all rooms non-smoking.
MealsIncluded: Halfboard arrangement: welcome drink, breakfast buffet with organic corner, daily 3 x 4-course menus with choice and up to 12 dishes, salad bar daily, several times weekly buffet evenings (Austrian specialties, organic products). Extra charge: New Year's Eve gala evening with live music and fireworks. Obligatory surcharge - to be paid locally: Euro 40,-, children through 11,9 years Euro 20,-.
Fitness/wellnessIncluded: Panormaic indoor pool 8 x 5 m, sauna, organic sauna, steam room, large wellness (spa) area, whirlpool. Opening hours as posted locally. Extra charge: Newly designed 'Grand Spa' approx. 2.000 m² on the top floor with a wonderful view of the lake. Massages, beauty centre.
EntertainmentIncluded: Game computer, several times weekly live music and dance evening in the imperial bar, afternoon piano music. During New Year's Eve week daily programme such as live music evening and more. Extra charge: Wine tasting in the wine cellar, animation programme with guest supervision (such as horse sleight rides, torchlight walk, etc.) billiards and tabletop football.
ChildrenCot, children's club, game rental, high chair, child supervision inclusive, Mon - Fri, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. for kids from 3 - 10 years - including juice bar, lunch NOT included.
MiscellaneousChristmas: children's celebration with Santa Claus, 5-course dinner menu, baked goods. Boarding begins on arrival day with dinner and ends with breakfast on departure day. Credit cards: MasterCard, Visa, debit card Suitable for wheelchairs: no Check-in from 2 p.m., check-out by 10:30 a.m. Free transfers to/from railway station - by reservation. We take no responsibility for any errors, misprints or omissions; subject to alterations.
- Pets welcome (€25 per day, excl. food)
Payable in resort
- Keycard: €2
How does one best travel to Austria? Airports include Salzburg, Innsbruck, Klagenfurt, and Linz. Depending on your destination, Munich or Friedrichshafen (in Germany) or Zurich (in Switzerland) are also good options. In Austria, you will rarely find a train station in the resort. The distances from the different train stations and airports to the resorts are shown above the map. Those travelling by car will find a link to a route planner in the lower lefthand corner of the map. Simply enter your origin location and a route will be calculated for you. Please note, that it is wise to be informed about the closure of mountain passes during the winter months! Please also take into consideration that your car is required to be equipped for winter conditions, and that you will need snow chains with you.
- By train: Zell am See (in resort)
- By plane: Salzburg (approx. 100 km), Innsbruck (approx. 150 km), Munich (approx. 205 km), Klagenfurt (approx. 225 km)
Zell am See-Kaprun
Information about the ski area
Zell am See-Kaprun
|Highest point:||3,029 m|
|Lowest point:||760 m|
|Altitude ski resort:||757 m|
|Lifts in total:||48|
|Pistes in total:||138 km|
|Ski routes:||18 km|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find the perfect holiday? If you have a date in mind for your ski holiday, use the search engine Search & Book. This will allow you to search for holidays by specifying the destination you wish to visit and the number of people in your group. Alternatively you have the opportunity to search using our Holiday Categories or Last Minute Deals. If you are rather looking for a week's party and fun on the piste for next to nothing, then you might be interested in our Events.
- What types of accommodation are there and how do they differentiate? A detailed overview of our accommodations can be found here
- How can I book a holiday? Online Booking: After choosing your accommodation and room category, you'll be guided through the booking process.
Telephone Booking: Just give us a call. For making the booking, please have the names and dates of birth of all travellers available.
- Is the lift pass included? Generally the lift pass is already included in the holiday price. Further information regarding this can be found here.
All information regarding booking amendments can be found under the point "I've already booked. Can I still book additional services?".
- Is it beneficial to book ski/snowboard equipment or lessons in advance?