Gasthof Post ***
At a glance
Location and facilitiesThe 3-star Gasthof Post is located in the centre of Maishofen. The ski area Zell am See/Kaprun is approx. 7 km away. The free ski bus stops directly at the hotel and commutes to Zell am See and Saalbach. Hotel facilities include, a reception, lobby with fireplace, the "Faistauer Stüberl" and guest parlour. The lovely spa area with sauna, steam bath, infrared cabin, heated water beds and relaxation room is available to use for free. A ski cellar and parking spaces are also available.
Furnishing/BoardThe cosy rooms are furnished with bath or shower/wc, cable TV with integrated radio and some also with balcony. Half-board is already included in the price and comprises a breakfast buffet with organic food corner and a 3-course evening meal with choice of 2 main dishes. On Christmas and New Year's Eve special festive meals are served.
- Pets welcome on request (€5/day, excl. food)
- In case you have booked equipment and lessons through us, the hire shop and ski school are to be found in Zell am See (approx. 5 km).
Available in resort (for free)
- Use of spa area (as per description)
- Tea in sauna area
- Bathrobe rental
- Children's beds (on request)
- Safe at the reception
- Parking spaces (based on availability)
How does one best travel to Austria? Airports include Salzburg, Innsbruck, Klagenfurt, and Linz. Depending on your destination, Munich or Friedrichshafen (in Germany) or Zurich (in Switzerland) are also good options. In Austria, you will rarely find a train station in the resort. The distances from the different train stations and airports to the resorts are shown above the map. Those travelling by car will find a link to a route planner in the lower lefthand corner of the map. Simply enter your origin location and a route will be calculated for you. Please note, that it is wise to be informed about the closure of mountain passes during the winter months! Please also take into consideration that your car is required to be equipped for winter conditions, and that you will need snow chains with you.
- By train: Zell am See (approx. 5 km)
- By plane: Salzburg (approx. 75 km), Innsbruck (approx. 145 km), Munich (approx. 205 km)
20 Number of reviews:
82 % Recommendation rate:
Information about the ski area
|Highest point:||3,029 m|
|Lowest point:||757 m|
|Altitude ski resort:||757 m|
|Lifts in total:||50|
|Pistes in total:||138 km|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find the perfect holiday? If you have a date in mind for your ski holiday, use the search engine Search & Book. This will allow you to search for holidays by specifying the destination you wish to visit and the number of people in your group. Alternatively you have the opportunity to search using our Holiday Categories or Last Minute Deals. If you are rather looking for a week's party and fun on the piste for next to nothing, then you might be interested in our Events.
- What types of accommodation are there and how do they differentiate? A detailed overview of our accommodations can be found here
- How can I book a holiday? Online Booking: After choosing your accommodation and room category, you'll be guided through the booking process.
Telephone Booking: Just give us a call. For making the booking, please have the names and dates of birth of all travellers available.
- Is the lift pass included? Generally the lift pass is already included in the holiday price. Further information regarding this can be found here.
All information regarding booking amendments can be found under the point "I've already booked. Can I still book additional services?".
- Is it beneficial to book ski/snowboard equipment or lessons in advance?